Heard of Instagram Reels? Of course, you’ve heard of it.
Instagram reel is a format for content. According to Instagram.com, it is new way to create and discover short, entertaining videos on Instagram.
Everyone is saying Instagram reel is a direct competitor of TikTok.
Here you will discover what it is, how to use it and ways you can use it to promote your business on Instagram.
This TikTok rival (as people usually referred to it) allows you to create and share 15 seconds video and share with others in a feed dedicated to explore the page.
It was launched in Brazil in 2019 but Instagram reel is now available in over 50 countries on both iOS and android.
Claimed by a lot of people to be a “copied TikTok”, Instagram reel has a lot of positive reviews from brands and influencers.
What exactly is Instagram reel?
It offers you a set of new creative tools, audio, stickers and special effects for multi-clip videos. You can share them with your followers also.
It has a dedicated landing spot at the top of the explore page and you can have access to Reels from other people’s feed.
Is there any difference between Instagram reels and TikTok? Sure. There is. Though, their aim is to provide users with creative space to create and share their lovely short videos, they still have their differences.
While Instagram reels is a feature inside Instagram (it doesn’t stand alone), TikTok is a platform 9It stands alone)
The video time limit for Instagram reel is 15-second while the video time limit for TikTok is 1 minute and all videos remain on TikTok.
Is Instagram reels same as Instagram stories? Do not get confused. Though they sound a lot like each other, they have their significant differences.
There are various editing tools, Including AR effects, speed controls, and also tools to align multiple clips.
Reels can be shared to explore and stories. You can also choose to post a reel on your feed.
When original audio is included, your audio will be attributed to you and other users can use it to.
How do I use Instagram Reels?
If you use Instagram a lot, you will find it very easy to create videos with reels.
To have access to reels, simply just open the Instagram app go to the stories camera and choose reels. You can also see reels at the bottom of the Instagram camera. There, you’ll see a variety of creative editing tools on the left side of your screen to help create your reel.
How do I create a reel?
Instagram reel has two options to create a reel. The first one is to press and hold the record button to capture footage. The second one is to upload a video footage from your camera roll. You can record reels in a series of clips either one at a time or all at once.
Here are the steps to follow to create your first Instagram reel
- When you open reels, tap on audio.. Search for a song from the Instagram music library. You can use your own original audio by simply recording a reel with it. When you use your original audio, it will be attributed to you. If you have a public account, people can create reels with your audio by selecting “use audio” from your reel.
- Select one of the many effects in the effect gallery.
- Set the timer to record your clips hand-free. Once you press record, you will see a countdown. The recording begins after the countdown.
- Line up objects from your previous clip before to help create seamless transitions for moments like outfit changes or adding new people.
- You can choose to speed up or slow down part of the video or audio you selected. It can help you to stay on beat or make slow motion vibes.
How do I share a reel?
If you are satisfied with your clip, you can tap the next button to gain access to the share page.
There, you can save your reel as a draft, change the cover image, add a caption and hashtags and tag your friends. After sharing your reel, it will be on a separate reel tab on your profile. People will find the reels you’ve shared there.
With reels, you can share with your followers and be discovered by the huge Instagram community on explore.
You can share your reel to a dedicated space in explore. There, it has the chance to be seen and discovered by wider Instagram community. You can also share your reel by posting it to your feed and your stories, close friends or in a direct message. If you do so, your reel will behave like a regular story. It will not be shared to reels in explore, it won’t appear on your profile and it will disappear after 24 hours.
Do you know that when you share a reel that features certain songs, hashtags, or effects, your reel may appear on dedicated pages when someone clicks on that song or hashtag
If you have a private account, reels will follow your privacy settings on Instagram.
How do I find a reel to watch?
- You can use your feed. Go through your feed to see reels created by other people.
- You can use the explore tab. Go to explore page, you will see a reel right at the top of the screen. Tap the video to watch. You will see more reels there.
- You can find reels that use particular audio or hashtag.
How can I use Instagram reels for my business?
It is advisable that brands should use this opportunity to be the first creators on Instagram reels and engage audience. There are lots of people who prefer quick and easily-understandable content.
Reels sits in the explore page. A place that more than 50% of instagram accounts use every month. You have a huge chance to expose your brand to new followers if you feature your reel on this page.
Here are four tips to use for your business
- Always share quality contents. This is a very big way to start on reels. Top five natural hair routine, a secret to make samosa, 5 tips for styling a short gown…. And so on.
- Always showcase your product/service. Use the advantage of reels being shown on the explore page, this means Instagram users who don’t even follow your page will see your content. Amazing!
- You can announce your sales and exclusive deals.
- Stay genuine and do not turn your videos into overt advertisement
- Maintain a level of authenticity in your reels.
Are you now ready to explore this reel?
This is a new opportunity to create more compelling content and understand your followers better.
Increase your reach on instagram by using reels now.
Mange your social media presence and save time by letting Prolanz digitals manage it for you. Just contact us to get more information.