It’s no longer news that Twitter’s operations have been indefinitely suspended in Nigeria following the deletion of President Buhari’s tweets. Despite the ban, Nigerians are seeking for ways to bypass the restriction. So far, the best method is to access Twitter through the use of VPNs. VPN means a virtual private network. It encrypts your identity online which makes it difficult to be traced by third parties.
How to Use A VPN
Using a VPN is simple. All you need to do is;
- Install a VPN app
- Check the settings to make sure that only your Twitter app is connected
- Tap the connect button and you’re good to go.
Although, you have to be aware of some downsides of using a VPN such as slower internet speed and putting your data at risk of VPN owners. But worry not, these risks are largely minimized as long as you only connect the Twitter app to the VPN. So what are the best VPN apps to use in this case?
The Best VPN Apps for Android
Most of the VPN apps on the Google Play Store are free. Although, most of them have paid versions which are easier and faster to use. Given the fact that you’ll only be making use of the Twitter app via the VPN, any one will do. The following VPN apps are the best for android users;
- NordVPN– This is a clear and user-friendly app that does not track, collect or share users’ data. It can be used for other social media apps/websites.
- CyberGhost– This app allows you to unblock streaming services and , encrypts your online connection and boosts your security.
- IPVanish– This particular VPN can be used on a variety of smartphones. It’s super fast too.
- Surfshark– In addition to encrypting your real IP address, this software protects your sensitive and doesn’t store activity logs.
- Unlocater– This VPN like others allows you access the internet without any restrictions while maintaining your privacy.
The Best VPN Apps for iOS
iPhone users can make use of the following VPNs;
- Private Internet Access– The software on this app comes with a built-in Wi-Fi connection and an automatic kill switch. It turns itself off when not in use.
- IPVanish– As previously mentioned, it can be used on a variety of smartphones which includes the iPhone.
- TunnelBear– This is a strong VPN app that offers military-grade security features and operates on a super large network.
- VyPrVPN– This VPN is easy to use and has a reliable fast connection to a variety of networks.
- SaferVPN– User-friendly and fast, this VPN also has an automatic kill switch.
Many business owners make use of Twitter. Social media managers and digital marketers also need to access business accounts of brands that they work for. As such, using a VPN is a sure bet for anyone in Nigeria who wishes to access Twitter.
5 thoughts on “How to Unblock Twitter in Nigeria Using a VPN”
Lovely post, thanks for the wonderful knowledge, I’d try it now.
I think it’s high time I get a twitter account
This information is really helpful, thanks
Vital information…. Very valid point…. I’ll try it out asap
Comments are closed.