Prolanz | Digital Marketing Agency

why-social-media-management-is-beyond-posting

WHY SOCIAL MEDIA MANAGEMENT IS BEYOND POSTING

Why social media management is beyond posting

People use social media for varied reasons and every day, millions of posts circulate different social media platforms. Brands are in a constant struggle to get the attention of social media users who can become their potential customers. This is tasking and most business owners employ the services of social media managers to ease the burden. However, content creation is an intentional and meticulous task that must be taken seriously. But get this, social media management is beyond posting.

CONSISTENCY MATTERS BUT CONTENT MATTERS MORE

Consistency matters but content matters more

Posting everyday is great but what exactly are you posting? Consistency is linked with success but what sets the tone for success is the sort of content that is being pushed out. There’s a popular saying that content is king and rightfully so. Social media managers are meant to be skilled in curating content that yields results. 

Your content should be informative, fun and relatable. Posting repetitive salesy content gets boring real fast and consequently gets ignored by your target audience. It might seem that you’re being consistent but the truth is that your consistency is channeled wrongly.

SOCIAL MEDIA MANAGEMENT MUST BALANCE QUANTITY AND QUALITY

Social media management must balance quantity and quality

Many social media users believe that quality trumps quantity as regards posting on social media. While this might be true, it is not applicable to brands who aim to make sales on their social media platforms. Posting on social media must equally be rich in quantity and quality that’s why social media management beyond posting.

This is the perfect balance that results in consistency. As such, social media managers must not forsake one for the other but strive instead for a balance. This is achievable by having a content calendar and posting schedule.

3 THINGS YOU SHOULD KNOW ABOUT EFFICIENT SOCIAL MEDIA MANAGEMENT

3 things you should know about social media management

Having a content calendar and schedule is just one step towards efficient social media management. It is also imperative for social media managers to be aware of current social media trends and find ways to apply them to the brands that they manage. Social media platforms evolve daily so having a good knowledge of these updates makes the job somewhat easier. Therefore, social media managers must take note of the following;

  • The 80/20 rule stays relevant– This means that 80% of your posts should be informative, educating or entertaining. The remaining 20% can then be channeled towards promoting your brand.
  • Be flexible with your strategies– It is important to review your strategies at intervals and put efforts into trying out new things. Nobody knows it all so trials and errors are allowed. A great social media strategy requires continuous and constant work.
  • Research your competitors– Being aware of your competitor’s strategies offers more insight into industry trends and what could work best for the brand you’re managing. Notice what and how they post, how they engage with their audience, industry hashtags and their posting frequency.

Social media management is constant work that requires consistency and dedication. Your brand will inevitably see the results if properly followed through.

3 thoughts on “WHY SOCIAL MEDIA MANAGEMENT IS BEYOND POSTING”

  1. you are really a good webmaster. The web site loading speed is incredible. It seems that you’re doing any unique trick. Also, The contents are masterwork. you have done a excellent job on this topic!

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published.